Meditation Thought: A Look At Gethsemane
Wow! what a journey it has been lately. So many things going on, and it feels like it is just the beginning of "greater." In saying " greater" what does that actually mean? It has been quite a time since I have been able to get back to this place, where I can finally take a few moments to sit down and share. The journey has been quite interesting to say the least, if you are still in the race and running as well as you can: trusting, learning, leaning and depending on Him--who is the only One that can help us through this maze.
I likened this time to the "Garden of Gethsemane" experience when Jesus came to a place of total abandonment, when even though others were around Him, they were not with Him. It was a place of isolation chosen by His Father, to have a meeting with himself, as he reached the turning point, crossroad, if you please with His reason for being, his destiny, and the willingness to embrace what he knew was before him. Just having to partake the things that are going on in life everyday is enough for just yourself, but to take on the quest on behalf of others is overwhelming. But thank God for Jesus that He was willing to go through so that we would make it to Him. How fortunate for us that He took the assignment and finished it.
The first look at "Gethsemane" is this:
1. There is a place along our life's path (more than one), that God has arranged for us to deal with inner struggles.
2. It will be a place where God will be seemingly quiet (like test time, you are taking the test, and you may or may not see the instructor, but they are silent).
3. There will be the presence of others on the outside, but none can come where you are on the inside
4. This is a place where your true commitment is displayed, (first in honesty to ones self, then to God your Father)
5. This is a place where your agonies, pain, and struggles turn to power and victory.
We will begin this journey from this perspective of just one minds view of the "Garden of Gethsemane" and pray that it will enlighten you as you travel to, through and out of your place of purpose and destiny.
Hello! I'm Dr. Armstrong and the 'photo bomber' is my granddaughter, Jazzy:) I created this blog to encourage and strengthen the body of Believers to soar and reach their full potential. Go to my Dr. Emma Armstrong page if you would like to know more about me.